…was NEVER said in the movie. Not once.
I’m sorry for that spoiler, and I promise there won’t be any more spoilers BUT here are my favourite “general” things about the movie:
1) HULK. Hulk stole that movie! Which is awesome because the two Hulk movies weren’t so great, so it’s like the Hulk has finally been redeemed. And no wonder! Is there any man that could have done a better job than this dreamboat?
2) X-PLO-SIONS!!! New York City got more trashed than I have ever seen it! But that’s what you get I guess when an army of aliens fight six superheroes in the street. Lots of smashing.
3) JOKES. It’s actually funny! THANK YOU JOSS WHEDON. Every character had some pretty good lines, and in their own unique voice too. No uniform character banter, just lots of “Oh Cap…that’s such a YOU thing to say….” The dialogue was delightful.
4) The love stories were very discreet. There were no ‘in your face’ romances. The mission of the movie was to save the world, not to get the girl. There were only a couple ladies in the film, but they were all intelligent and tough as well as sexy. No fluffy arm candy here.
5) Great bad guy! Loki is insane, and to me that’s the best kind of baddie because you never know what they could do next! He’s completely unhinged, morally bankrupt and has nothing to lose…he could do anything, kill anybody, and a good bad guy is integral to an action movie.
All around it was great, I might even see it again! And make sure you stay after BOTH sets of credits for a couple extra bonus scenes!
The only flaw of the night…Guy was over 2 hours late! He didn’t miss any of the movie, but I mostly had to wait in line by myself. Boo. And the reason for his lateness? An internet session with my mother that went long! They were apparently engaged in such a good conversation that he couldn’t just leave. WHAT UNIVERSE HAVE I STUMBLED INTO??
He didn’t really get into what it was that they were talking about that was soooo juicy, and I didn’t want to push him. So instead I am about to call my mother to get the scoop. It’s weird to know that Guy has the inside info on my mother before me, but at least she likes him now which is kinda cool (she never liked him through all of high school).
So this is what is feels like to be in another dimension…